Technological change is now one of the accepted constants influencing life and work on campus and beyond. UNC instructors are using technology to explore new opportunities to engage and challenge students, to lower barriers to student access, and to make their own teaching practices more satisfying and effective. The Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE) works with faculty members to explore the appropriate and effective use of digital technologies, in partnership with other campus organizations such as ITS-Teaching and Learning, OASIS, and University Libraries.
Earlier this year, Lenovo announced that the CFE will receive approximately $400,000 over the next four years to support instructional innovation on campus. The funding is part of the University’s recent renegotiation of the Carolina Computing Initiative contract with Lenovo.
Call for Proposals – At a Glance
- Letters of Intent can be submitted through February 2, 2018.
- Final proposals are due Friday, March 2, 2018.
- Proposals do NOT have to be linked to a credit-bearing course.
- Projects must be fully implemented by the end of the Spring 2019 semester.
- Awards will range between $2500 and $25,000.
To learn more about the program, proposal ideas, and how to apply, download the 2018-2019 Call for Proposals.
Program Contact: Bob Henshaw firstname.lastname@example.org / 919 962-9969