Increase font size
Decrease font size
Research Resources at UNC
The Center for Faculty Excellence has compiled a list of resources at UNC that offer research-related guidance and services. Please click the links below that are of interest to you to learn more about their services:
- The Carolina Center for Public Service provides information about faculty engaged scholarship.
- The Core Facilities Office provides information on laboratory equipment and services.
- The Funding Information Portal provides information about internal and extramural funding opportunities.
- The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee provides information concerning all use of live vertebrate animals in research and educational programs.
- ITS Research Computing provides a variety of computational resources, and other support in the form of consultations to determine research computing needs, training, and data storage to all UNC-Chapel Hill faculty and researchers.
The NC TraCS Institute offers a number of programs and services to assist researchers through all phases of the process of translating basic science discoveries into meaningful health advances.
- The Office of Clinical Trials provides assistance to clinical trial investigators when negotiating contracts with industry-sponsored research.
- The Office of Human Research Ethics provides information concerning the Institutional Review Board and other issues related to research involving human subjects.
- The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs provides information and assistance to postdoctoral fellows and investigators working with postdoctoral fellows.
- The Office of Research Development provides assistance with limited submissions and multidisciplinary initiatives.
- The Office of Sponsored Research provides information about sponsored research policies and procedures at UNC.
- The Office of Technology Development provides assistance with patents, licensing, and obtaining research support from corporate sponsors.
- The Office for Undergraduate Research provides opportunities for undergraduates to engage in research and mentored scholarship, including financial support, as well as programs for faculty and graduate student involvement in facilitating undergraduate research.
- The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research provides information about its own grant programs and about the Postdoctoral Program for Faculty Diversity.
- The Research Compliance Program provides assistance with issues related to conflicts of interest and privacy concerns.
The University Libraries provide many services to support faculty research and teaching. Besides traditional library services like offering access to library materials in print and online, library instruction for classes, and reserve reading processing, the Libraries offer other assistance, from planning for research data management to systematic reviews, from providing multi-media equipment to assistance using design and multimedia software. Find contacts at http://www.lib.unc.edu/faculty/.
For more information:
Sohini Sengupta, CFE Research Coordinator