Schedule a Consultation
Through individual consultations, CFE staff engages directly with faculty members about the challenges they encounter in individual courses or in their overall development as teachers.
A key task in teaching is aligning course goals, and learning objectives, assignments, or activities to assessment. Each discipline approaches this alignment in unique ways. We focus on the following questions:
- How do your course goals, curricula goals, and disciplinary goals interrelate in your course?
- What do you want students to remember in one year, five years, or twenty years?
- How do you know your students are learning?
- Do your assessment strategies assess student performance?
- What will your Teaching Statement say about how you align your assessment of students with the learning goals you have for a course?
Faculty members consult us when they:
- Draft a Teaching Statement for promotion or tenure
- Design a new course or redesign a current course
- Try to make sense of their students’ course evaluations
- Need ideas about how best to assess student learning
- Experiment with an instructional technology, such as polling or student group work
- Want to try out a new pedagogical approach and need help tailoring it to their teaching style and discipline
Please contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.