ITS and CFE invite you for a series of online interactive presentations by ELI Course: From Courses to Colleges to Campus: How to Evaluate Online Teaching for Your Whole Campus
When evaluating online teaching, colleges and universities often start by locating or creating a rating form. This is one of the last steps—not the first—in designing an effective evaluation of online teaching. Before we know what online-course activities and behaviors we will measure, we must take a holistic perspective and address context-specific factors that will shape the evaluation process.
During this ELI course, participants
- examine evaluation examples from their own and colleagues’ campuses;
- evaluate sample online courses;
- design a custom evaluation instrument;
- play the role of students rating online teaching; and
- apply best practices in self-, peer-, and administrative-evaluation of online teaching.