Executive Leadership and Transition Coach /Educator, Facilitator
As a leadership and transition coach, educator and facilitator, I help my clients, who range from mid-career to C-suite, become the courageous, humane, curious and confident leaders this moment requires. These have been trying and uncertain times … Covid 19 has had us living our lives in limbo and we’re just emerging to reflect on what normal is now and will look like going forward. This is also a moment of introspection as we as a nation confront the historic inequalities and oppressions that have undergirded our society and culture. Such challenges highlight the need for bold and courageous leadership, fresh thinking, the alignment of actions with values, a connection to mission and purpose, and an ability to pivot quickly.
- My clients are leaders and teams from the C-suite to high potential actors across sectors … in higher education, health care, corporate and non-profit settings. I also work with leaders anticipating new chapters in a post-COVID world. I coach and facilitate workshops with leaders in health care and the sciences and teach about Inclusive Leadership and DEI in Executive Education programs and to rising business leaders. I have experience working with experts who have not had the opportunity to develop the leadership skills needed in today’s world. I also work with issues of burnout and resilience.
- My offerings are Individualized “one to one” Advising and Executive Coaching, Team Coaching, Customized Group Coaching, Peer Group Coaching, and Virtual and In-Person Workshops for high potential and mid-career Leaders and Individuals in Transition.
I developed my leadership experience and perspective during my 30-year career as a Research Director of cross-country teams at the United Nations, as a Dean of Arts and Sciences and Academic Vice-President, as President of the National Council for Research on Women, and my work as an anthropologist in Africa, the Caribbean, Iran, and the US. I have personally lived the tension of standing out and fitting in as a woman leader.
I honed my coaching and facilitation skills as a Fellow in Harvard University’s Advanced Leadership Initiative, as a Distinguished Fellow in Barnard College’s Athena Leadership Center, through my Executive Coaching and Master Coach training at the Hudson Institute, as an ICF-credentialed Professional Certified Coach, as an Adjunct Professor of Management in the NYU Stern School of Business and as a Consultant to the UNC Center for Faculty Excellence. Please visit my website www.lindabasch.com and my LinkedIn Profile at linkedin.com/in/lindabasch1.
Credentials and Certifications:
- PhD, Anthropology, New York University
- BA, Economics, University of Michigan
- Executive Coach & Master Coach Certification, Hudson Institute of Coaching
- Professional Certified Coach, International Coach Federation
- Advanced Leadership Certificate, Harvard University
- Elected Member, New York Academy of Sciences