- This event has passed.
Course Design Institute (CDI)
December 15, 2021, 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM EST
Each CFE Course Design Institute (CDI) is a structured sequence of workshops, activities, and working sessions held over a 3-day period with a 6- to 12-member cohort of UNC instructors. Together, we use backward design approaches to develop upcoming courses while also receiving feedback on the course materials we create. Applications for the December 13th, 15th, and 17th cohort are open until Friday, November 19th. Any faculty and staff members, graduate students, and postdoctoral scholars at Carolina who have instructional responsibilities are welcome. The December 2021 CDI will be held remotely using Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Articulate and align course- and module-level learning objectives
- Plan assessments/assignments aligned with course- and module-level learning objectives
- Plan learning activities that support each learner’s successful completion of course assessments/assignments
- Decide which content or topics to include/exclude in your course and how to organize instructional materials in order to facilitate each learner’s achievement of course- and module-level learning objectives
- Compare how various aspects of course design contribute to equitable learner outcomes