- This event has passed.
CFE Course Design Institute
November 30, 2020, 12:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Our Course Design Institute (CDI) is a structured sequence of workshops, activities, and working sessions held over a 3-day period (12 contact-hours overall) where a small cohort of instructors—generally between six and 14 colleagues—use the “backward design” approach to develop their upcoming courses. The fall 2020 CDI will be offered remotely using Zoom and Microsoft Teams on Monday (11/30), Wednesday (12/02), and Friday (12/04) from 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM each day. Please apply by 9:00 PM on Friday, November 13th, for full consideration.
By the conclusion of a Course Design Institute, you will be able to:
- Articulate and align course- and module-level learning objectives
- Plan assessments/assignments aligned with course- and module-level learning objectives
- Plan learning activities which support each learner’s successful completion of course assessments/assignments
- Decide which content or topics to include/exclude in your course and how to organize instructional materials in order to facilitate each learner’s achievement of course- and module-level learning objectives
- Compare how various aspects of course design contribute to equitable learner outcomes