IT Support and Training
The following organizations provide support for the effective use of instructional technologies and serve all academic units at the University. If your school or department has its own support unit for instructional technology, you are encouraged to familiarize yourself with those services as well.
- Accessibility Resources and Services: ARS coordinates and implements appropriate reasonable accommodations including academic adjustments and provides appropriate resources and services in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act (504).
- BeAM: BeAM@CAROLINA is a network of makerspaces where you can join the UNC maker community in the design and making of physical objects for education, research, entrepreneurship and recreation. You can participate in open studios, training sessions, workshops, hosted classes and group activities. Enjoy spaces equipped with emerging technologies like 3D printing as well as wood and metalworking shops.
- Center for Faculty Excellence: The Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE) is UNC-Chapel Hill’s pan-university faculty development center. The CFE is available to instructors to discuss your pedagogical goals and how technology can support them.
- Digital Accessibility Office: DAO offers services, tools, and trainings to help instructors and other content providers ensure that digital content is accessible to all populations.
- Digital Innovations Lab: The Lab seeks to collaborate with units across the University and to form project-based partnerships with cultural heritage organizations across North Carolina as well as public-facing digital humanities initiatives at other universities around the world.
- Digital and Lifelong Learning: DLL works with units to support the development of digital programs and pedagogies, as well as other flexible and/or nontraditional learning experiences.
- ITS Educational Technologies: ITS Educational Technologies provides instructional technology applications and integration to support the University’s academic mission.
- Classroom Hotline – Provides support for exam scanning instructional technology in all centrally-supported classrooms.
- Educational Technologies Systems and Services – Supports a wide range of instructional technology services, including virtual labs, remote student printing, and a wide range of mission-critical instructional applications (e.g. Sakai).
- Carolina Talent-My Learning: UNC Human Resources leverages Linked-in Learning to offer hundreds of online courses on a wide range of topics, including many related to using instructional technologies.
- University Library Services
- Data Visualization
- Distance Education
- Makerspace: The University Library’s Makerspace offers consultations, workshops, and services for 3D printing, 3D scanning, ARVR, electronics, textiles, and design & modelling.
- Media Resources Center (MRC): The University Library’s MRC offers an Audio/video media lab, equipment check-out, video transfer services, and support for faculty and students.