Sakai Learning Management System (LMS)
Sakai provides a flexible and feature-rich environment for teaching, learning, research and other collaboration. Supported uses include UNC-Chapel Hill courses and academic and administrative projects.
- Lessons Tool: The Lessons Tool allows you to organize content, assignments, forums, and media into easy to follow modules.
- Blackboard Collaborate: BB Collaborate provides an online classroom environment including audio/video, virtual whiteboard, application sharing, chat and polling.
- Voicethread: Integrated into each of you Sakai sites, Voicethread allows you to post images, documents and videos; narrate, comment, and draw over presentations; have your students post comments directly to specific areas of the presentations.
- Warpwire: Similar to YouTube, but securely housed within your course Sakai site. You and your students may record and upload video, audio, and image files for streaming online. Videos may be private, available only to prescribed groups such as your class, or open to the public. Additionally, instructors may view detailed analytics for who is watching and when.
- Testing and Quizzes: Sakai allows you to give quizzes and tests in the site.
- Piazza: This Wiki style community Q&A platform allows students to post and answer questions. It allows LaTeX math equations. Instructors may organize course rosters.