Peer Mentoring Circles
TEAM ADVANCE Peer Mentoring Circles are open to early-career (pre-tenure or fixed-term) faculty seeking to develop holistic well-being and advance professional goals with a cohort of peers. The program encourages networking, community-building, and self-advocacy.
The program consists of:
- Monthly Peer Mentoring Circles facilitated by experienced faculty
- Support and preparation for departmental faculty annual review
- Invitation to attend Women in STEM Seminars, featuring STEM women faculty sharing their stories and expertise
- Priority invitation to professional development workshops hosted by the Center for Faculty Excellence
Our curriculum includes:
- Establishing Group “Ground Rules,” Building Trust, and Communication
- Taking Inventory of Existing Mentoring Support and Identifying Needs
- Understanding Promotion and Tenure Requirements
- Developing Professional Identity (including Understanding and Navigating Imposter Syndrome and Stereotype Threat)
- Developing and Balancing Priorities (including Saying Yes and Saying No)
- Preparing for Departmental Faculty Annual Review
Recruiting for TEAM ADVANCE Peer Mentoring Circles has concluded for the 2019-20 academic year.
If you are interested in participating in Peer Mentoring Circles during 2020-21, then complete our brief Participant Interest Form or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will add you to a contact list and will notify you once we begin recruiting for the 2020-21 academic year.