Fulbright Scholars Program
The Fulbright US Scholar Program is a competitive cultural exchange program in which selected US citizens receive monies to study, teach, or conduct research abroad (and citizens of other countries receive monies to come to the US). Applications open February 2019.
The UNC Center for Faculty Excellence supports faculty Fulbright Scholars by
- providing application assistance
- holding information sessions
- holding Fulbright Day in partnership with the Center for Global Initiatives’ Fulbright Student Scholars program
Darin Knapp is UNC’s Fulbright Scholar Liaison. Contact Darin at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Fulbright Information Session for Faculty
This information session is intended for faculty who are applying or considering applying to become a Fulbright Scholar. This session will include:
- Overview of the Fulbright Program
- Discussion of application requirements, timeline, and process
- Information on resources for UNC applicants
Lunch will be served.
This session, held in partnership with the UNC Center for Global Initiatives, is intended for faculty and students who are applying or considering applying to Fulbright Programs. Participants will:
- learn about the history and current status of the Fulbright Program
- hear presentations from UNC Fulbright awardees about their experiences abroad
- discuss the specifics of the application process and complete some sections of the application
- network with UNC Fulbright awardees and other aspiring applicants over lunch
For for further information about the next session, please email Darin Knapp.