- This event has passed.
Conversations on Teaching During the Pandemic
August 19, 2020, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM EDT
UNC instructors are being asked to think differently about their teaching this fall as a result of COVID-19 concerns. Classrooms look and feel different. Most faculty are teaching at least one course remotely. Learning to be effective in new teaching environments is an adjustment for all of us.
Join us in these informal sessions to ask questions, share ideas, and compare notes with faculty colleagues and instructional support staff. You are free to drop-in via Zoom to this or any other session.
All questions and ideas are welcome! Topics might include:
- How to support both in-person and remote students
- How to make the most of Sakai, Zoom or other tools
- How to promote equity in teaching
- How to support group work or projects
- How to be effective in socially distanced classrooms
- How to give feedback and assign grades
Pre-registration is optional (but helpful). Zoom links will be sent by email if you register and will be posted on the Keep Teaching website under Training. Feel free to email any questions in advance to Doug.James@unc.edu.
To participate, login at https://unc.zoom.us
Then join via Zoom at https://unc.zoom.us/j/93102116696