- This event has passed.
Grading Writing: Using Rubrics for Effective Feedback and Time Management
March 21, 2019, 5:30 AM - 6:30 AM EDT
Have you included any writing assignments for students in your class? How do you plan to grade their work, and how long will it take? While most students are familiar with rubrics, they encounter a wide variety across courses. Instructors may not be certain how to use rubrics well or how best to provide effective feedback on student learning. By participating in this workshop, instructors will be able to:
- Recognize student misconceptions of academic writing
- Select appropriate writing prompts for students in your course
- Identify what students view as effective feedback on writing projects
- Design effective rubrics that enhance constructive and consistent feedback
- Make use of campus resources like the Writing Center
- Reduce the amount of time spent grading writing assignments.
This session is open to all UNC Faculty, Postdocs, and Graduate Students.