To serve as a world-class center of research, scholarship, and creativity, UNC-Chapel Hill must provide an environment that supports the many different kinds of research, including scholarly activity, undertaken by its faculty members. The Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE) plays a key role in helping Carolina faculty members with research-related faculty development to achieve their research goals.
CFE defines research-related faculty development as helping faculty researchers with:
- Grant-related activity, including grantsmanship workshops and grant editing
- Principal Investigator (PI) or investigator development in project management and managing research teams
- Research dossier materials for promotion and tenure
- Training to be better research mentors
- Scholarly writing productivity and dissemination of research findings
- Connect to other research resources and services on campus