- This event has passed.
Classroom Discourse Through a Wicked Issues Lens
November 3, 3:00 PM - 4:15 PM EDT
Join us on November 3 for session 2 of the 3-part workshop series “From Wicked People to Wicked Issues,” a collaboration between the CFE and the Program for Public Discourse. We will model one facilitation technique for grappling with wicked issues, using the topic of free speech and inclusion in classroom deliberation as our lens. Participants will work together to think about how important and sometimes competing values define wicked issues—and how to move dialogue forward.
- Dr. Kevin Marinelli, Teaching Associate Professor, Dept. of Communication and Executive Director, Program in Public Discourse
- Dr. Emily Boehm, Faculty Development Consultant, Center for Faculty Excellence
Participants of Session Two will be able to:
- Define the wicked issues lens and apply it to the issue of classroom deliberation
- Develop strategies to overcome psychological tendencies toward polarization and demonization of the other
- Practice utilizing values to navigate wicked issues
- Consider ways to implement a wicked issues approach in your classrooms